Hi Andreas,

> > > I've a Panasonic NV-GS 37 camera with Firewire and USB connector.
> > > Until I wait on my new Firewire card I like to get the USB
> > > connection working.
> >
> > Please post the output of
> >
> > lsusb -d 04da:231e -v
>
> Bus 003 Device 005: ID 04da:231e Panasonic (Matsushita)
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               2.00
>   bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
>   bDeviceSubClass         2 Common Class
>   bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
>   bMaxPacketSize0        64
>   idVendor           0x04da Panasonic (Matsushita)
>   idProduct          0x231e
>   bcdDevice            1.00
>   iManufacturer           1 Panasonic
>   iProduct                2 DVC
>   iSerial                 3 0000c174732e
>   bNumConfigurations      1
>   Configuration Descriptor:
>     bLength                 9
>     bDescriptorType         2
>     wTotalLength          175
>     bNumInterfaces          2
>     bConfigurationValue     1
>     iConfiguration          0
>     bmAttributes         0xc0
>       Self Powered
>     MaxPower                2mA
>     Interface Association:
>       bLength                 8
>       bDescriptorType        11
>       bFirstInterface         0
>       bInterfaceCount         2
>       bFunctionClass         14 Video
>       bFunctionSubClass       3 Video Interface Collection
>       bFunctionProtocol       0
>       iFunction               4 Video Edit
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        0
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass        14 Video
>       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Video Control
>       bInterfaceProtocol      0
>       iInterface              4 Video Edit
>       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:
>         bLength                13
>         bDescriptorType        36
>         bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)
>         bcdUVC               1.00
>         wTotalLength           89
>         dwClockFrequency       13.500000MHz
>         bInCollection           1
>         baInterfaceNr( 0)       1
>       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:
>         bLength                17
>         bDescriptorType        36
>         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
>         bTerminalID             1
>         wTerminalType      0x0201 Camera Sensor
>         bAssocTerminal          0
>         iTerminal               6 Camera
>         wObjectiveFocalLengthMin    100
>         wObjectiveFocalLengthMax   1200
>         wOcularFocalLength          100
>         bControlSize                  2
>         bmControls           0x00000000
>       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:
>         bLength                16
>         bDescriptorType        36
>         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
> [...]

Thanks for the information. Your camera implements a few features not
supported by the Linux UVC driver yet. I will try to add support for at least
live video streaming (the camera also supports playback through the USB
interface). I might ask you to test a few patches, as I can't test them
without the necessary hardware. Please also note that the camera supports DV
format only, and most Linux webcam-related applications can't handle that.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart