On Sunday 06 May 2007, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On 5/6/07, Markus Rechberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 5/6/07, Laurent Pinchart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]

> > > mplayer is buggy. It doesn't set the v4l2_buffer.memory field prior to
> > > dequeuing buffers, as required by the v4l2 specification. I think a
> > > patch has
> > > been applied to the mplayer repository to fix this issue.
> >
> > I see xawtv doesn't work either here, the em28xx driver works with
> > both without the need of any patches. xawtv is used as a reference for
> > some other userspace applications since it has been available for a
> > very long time already.
>
> just tested mplayer (latest svn) it doesn't work either

Try to specify the frame rate using the -fps option.

mplayer -fps 25 -tv driver=v4l2 tv://

There was a discussion on the v4l mailing list a while ago about the tv
standard ioctls and if webcam and other purely digital device drivers should
support them. As usual, the issue hasn't been resolved.

Laurent Pinchart