Hi Viktor,

> I never thought that one day I would be able to use the webcam part of
> this digital camera, thanks a lot for your efforts!

You're welcome.

> I can report semi-success: using the uvcvideo driver (svn revision 101,
> self-compiled kernel 2.6.18.6 on Debian unstable), I get an image stream
> with luvcview (2007-01-07). But neither VLC nor mplayer are able to show
> or stream the video. I guess that this device is extremely simple,
> providing only 352x288, 10fps, with no other controls, and that VLC or
> mplayer are trying to access additional controls. In particular, both
> are trying to do something with the audio, although in both cases I'm
> specifying that no audio should be used.

Mplayer had a bug which prevented it from working with the Linux UVC driver.
The fix has been committed to their SVN repository, but I'm not sure if it
has been shipped by Debian yet.

Last time I checked, VLC had no proper V4L2 support. As the Linux UVC driver
doesn't support the deprecated V4L1 interface, this explains why VLC doesn't
work. Try bugging the developers to implement V4L2 :-)

> Below are four outputs. If I should supply some other information,
> please tell me. Or, of course, it might be that only VLC and mplayer
> have to be improved :-)

This seems to be the case :-) Could you try the latest MPlayer and see if it
works ?

Cheers,

Laurent Pinchart