Hello list,

I am creating an application where I need a webcam to have a static exposure time per frame so it does no try to compensate the lighting situation and I can control the lighting myself.

I am using the mjpeg-streamer application to grab images over HTTP, which works fine btw, very handy tool! I added a few lines in the input_uvc module so as to turn off auto-exposure, gain and whitebalance, but no combination of this seems to work.

The following code:
printf("Auto whitebalance: %d\n", v4l2SetControl(vd, V4L2_CID_WHITE_BALANCE_TEMPERATURE_AUTO, 0)); printf("Auto exposure: %d\n", v4l2SetControl(vd, V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE_AUTO, 0)); printf("Auto gain: %d\n", v4l2SetControl(vd, V4L2_CID_AUTOGAIN, 0));

results in:
    contol White Balance Temperature, Auto unsupported
    Auto whitebalance: -1
    Auto exposure: 0
    Auto gain: -1

dmesg output:
uvcvideo: Failed to query (1) UVC control 2 (unit 2) : -32 (exp. 2).

uvc module revision 156, device id 046d:08ce,

Am I missing something?

With kind regards,
--
Martijn Houtman