Hi Brian,

On Sunday 16 December 2007, Brian Pin wrote:
> Hi,
> I am wondering is there any linux/open source device(gadget) driver for UVC
> now. Is it highly device dependent?

Thomann Andreas posted a mail to the list on September 15th 2006 and seemed to
imply he would start a UVC gadget driver. You should try to contact him.

> Another question, an UVC driver should open its sof interrupt, is it true?
> Because if it doesn't, it won't be able to handle isoc packets on time and
> could possiblly lose packets.
> I am asking this because I am on a very low cpu clock environment, my
> system can't handle sof interrupt that fast. So I am must turn off sof
> interrupt.
> Anyway, no matter host/device mode UVC always need to handle its sof
> interrupt right?

UVC devices must report the SOF counter value, but I don't think they need to
process SOF interrupts if the device has a hardware SOF counter.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart