Hi Mark,

On Saturday 29 December 2007, mslemko wrote:
> Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > On Friday 28 December 2007, mslemko wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a Logitech Quickcam Orbit AF and the video is working nicely at 5
> >> fps in all camera resolutions.
> >>
> >> However, I get errors from the luvcview application when trying to set
> >> Pan or Tilt.
> >> for example:
> >>   ioctl querycontrol error 22
> >>   Set Tilt up error
> >
> > Pan and tilt don't work at resolutions higher than 640x480 (from the top
> > of my head, it might be another resolution limit). That's a webcam
> > limitation.
>
> Thanks for the idea. I tried this with 320x240 and 640x480, and pan/tilt
> doesn't work at these resolutions either. Perhaps the camera has changed
> recently. Is there any information that might help in tracking the
> difference down?

Actually error 22 (EINVAL) means that an invalid parameter has been supplied.
It shouldn't be related to the video resolution. My bad.

Pan/tilt support is implemented as an extension unit in Logitech webcams. The
driver now requires an external utility to configure extension units. Have a
look at http://www.quickcamteam.net/software/libwebcam/ for instructions.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart