Hi Sean,

On Saturday 12 January 2008, sean mathews wrote:
> I have a laptop with an eMPIA 2750 built in to the monitor.
>
> It has a vendor id of 0xeb1a and a device id of 0x2750
>
>  I had seen your the site at http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/ that a similar
> device was supported so I figured I could try and get this working, but
> when i got the svn source I noticed that this device is not even listed in
> the uvc_ids array.
>
>  Did i miss a bit? I dont see how this device could be supported if its not
> in this array yet on the site it shows as supported.

The uvc_ids array ends with

        /* Generic USB Video Class */
        { USB_INTERFACE_INFO(USB_CLASS_VIDEO, 1, 0) },

This catches all UVC compliant devices using the bInterfaceClass and
bInterfaceSubclass fields.

If your camera is UVC compliant (see http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/faq/ for
instructions how to find out), you won't have to modify the driver at all. It
should work out of the box.

If your device is UVC compliant, please post the output of lsusb -v (using
usbutils 0.72 or newer) here.

However, some UVC-compliant devices are buggy and require specific processing
in the driver. Those devices are explicitly listed in the uvc_ids array with
device-specific information set in the driver_info field.

> Maybe a special svn trunk exists?
>
> here is the svn command i used.
>
> svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/linux-uvc/linux-uvc/trunk
>
> Thanks in advance..

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart