Hi Franco,

On Friday 25 January 2008, Franco wrote:
> >> 0471:0331    Philips SPC 1300NC    Philips    Status: device works
> >
> > Instead or relying on v4l2-tool's output, why don't you actually try
> > using your webcams with the Linux UVC driver ?
>
> OK, I installed kernel-devel and after that,
> I compiled and installed uvcvideo from these sources:
> http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/linux-uvc/linux-uvc/branches/dynctrl/
> (is this the correct version to use?)

No, you should use
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/linux-uvc/linux-uvc/trunk/. The dynctrl
branch has been merged into the trunk and isn't maintained anymore.

> After that, Skype and Ekiga seem to work normally.

Good news. So the camera is actually working. You won't have wasted your money
completely :-)

> I also downloaded luvcview-20070512 but that, instead, gives a kernel
> OOPS after a little bit of usage (see other message)

That might be a bug in the dynctrl branch. Please use sources from the trunk.
If you still get an oops I'll investigate and try to fix it.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart