On Saturday 09 February 2008, Brandon Philips wrote:
> On 10:04 Sat 09 Feb 2008, Borje Holmberg wrote:
> > Here is the specs for the built in webcam of unknown model for my
> > laptop hp dv6744. Greatful for any light on whether it is possible to
> > get to work on linux.
>
> Your device appears to be a UVC device.  You can either build the UVC
> driver or grab it from your distro.
>
> build steps
> -----------
>
> # svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/linux-uvc/linux-uvc/trunk uvc
> # cd uvc
> # make
> # su
> # make install
>
> Plug-in device and test- luvcview[1] is a good place to start.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all of you for
helping eachothers. Every answer any of you writes saves me time that I can
spend on the driver itself. I'm really happy to see a community building up
around the Linux UVC driver.

Borje, I'd appreciate if you could report any success (or failure) here, so
that I can add the camera to the supported devices list.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart