On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Nathanael Galpin wrote:
> I've run into an error using the UVC driver with V4L2 to stream data from
> webcams. Everything works fine the first time around. I allocate buffers,
> enque them and then stream data from the camera. However, after stopping
> the camera and unmapping all the buffers, a subsequent attempt to map
> buffers and start streaming fails.
>
> The only way I've found to get around this is to close the file handle to
> the camera and open the device file again. Is this the way it's supposed to
> work or am I doing something wrong? I'm using the latest UVC driver from
> SVN on Fedora 8.

That's definitely not how this is supposed to work. Your code is probably
missing something.

> If anyone wants I'll post a small sample app demonstrating the problem.

That would be easier. Without source code I can only guess, and that's not
what I'm best at.

> On a related note, whenever an errenous request is made to the camera, it
> goes into an error state and won't accept any other commands. Is there a
> way to clear this error state, or should I just close and reopen the device
> file?

Which camera are you talking about ? What kind of erroneous request ? Please
provide more details along with kernel log messages if available.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart