carl1970: monitor mode only displaying beacons/probs from APs

Hello,

Quite a while back after doing an upgrade to the latest (back then)
compat-wireless, I noticed that I was only seeing beacon,prob requests, and
the occasional data packet when in monitor mode; which at the time I wrote
off.  After switching to backports-3.18.1-1 recently, I still see the same
behavior(on x86 and arm).  I'm sure I'm missing something, but I couldn't
find any references to this behavior in my search.  I also tried "iw wlanX
set monitor control otherbss" to no avail.  Switching to a different chipset
using ath9k-htc showed expected traffic.

Regards,

Marco Fonseca