Hi James,

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 07:49:16AM -0700, Amitkumar Karwar wrote:
> > It's been observed that device sometimes fails to find AP configured
> > in hidden SSID in busy environment. We will increase number of probes
> > for specific SSID scans for getting better results.
>
> I don't like this.  It worries me.  What is the underlying cause?  If it
> is something other than collision, why?

Idea was to have better chance of finding an AP configured with hidden SSID
when environment is busy by sending multiple probe requests.

> In scenario of tens to a hundred laptops scanning for specific SSID for
> ad-hoc in the Sugar desktop environment, this patch may decrease free
> air time considerably.

You are right. Free air time will be decreased. We have discarded this approach
considering its consequences.

> Should the number of probes be a choice of user space?

Do you see any potential use case for multiple probe requests?
I think, we should stick to current implementation of sending 1 probe request.

Regards,
Amitkumar