On 16 June 2015 at 03:25, Sujith Manoharan <suj...@msujith.org> wrote:
> Arend van Spriel wrote:
>> The p2p-device is designed to be used for p2p discovery and p2p action
>> frame exchange. It make it easier for driver and/or firmware to
>> determine if user-space request is p2p related or not. However, in
>> discussions with Jouni I got the impression that ath (or qca) firmware
>> and/or drivers did not need this design. Not sure if that claim is
>> unaffected by the "use_chanctx=1" parameter.
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> I don't think advertising support for p2p-device is required for
> ath9k. P2P discovery works properly with the normal station/ap interface
> types and the 'use_chanctx' modparam simply enables multiple channel
> contexts.

Works except case I described.
p2p_find is combination of scan and ROC, and scan don't work when we
have configured AP from wpa_supplicant.
In case of adding p2p-device AP + P2P_FIND works perfectly, also AP +
P2P_CLIENT/P2P_GO works OK when use_chanctx.

Other fix I can image is change wpa_supplicant and add
NL80211_SCAN_FLAG_AP to p2p_find, and set in ath9k driver
wiphy->features |= NL80211_FEATURE_AP_SCAN;

NL80211_FEATURE_AP_SCAN is not set when use_chanctx=1

I am not sure which is better. First one required only fix in ath9k,
second one also required changes in wpa_supplicant.

BR
Janusz