> >> I suspect this is because of P2P_GO NoA?
> >> Who should care about this direct probes tx when GO is not present?
> >>
> >> In case we didn't send direct probes - there is no problem and TC
> >> works correctly
> >>

> > Interesting :)
> >
> > Any chance you can provide trace-cmd and sniffer capture?
> >
> > Normally, if we provided the FW with the BSSID information and TSF
> > information for syncing, once the FW hears the 1st beacon with the NoA
> > it should sync on it and not try to attempt to transmit any frames as
> > long as the AP is absent. It might also be related to the fact that
> > the probe requests are sent to broadcast address, but I need to
> > further checks this. Anyway, having some data would help ;)
> >
> Thats exactly the point, if GO is in NoA FW will not transmit but mac80211
> timed-out for direct probe.
>
> So the question is should mac80211 even send the direct probe in this case
> when GO is in NoA?

I think that this should be the driver's/FW responsibility, as at this stage
mac80211 already configured all the information needed for the driver to sync
(assuming it heard a beacon/probe) and in addition mgd_prepare_tx() is called
to have the driver/FW prepare for a transmission of the mgmt. frame, including
synchronization with the P2P GO power state.

Regards,

Ilan.