On 9 July 2015 at 09:07, Rafał Miłecki <zaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem appears when trying to use more than 1 interface. It gets
> created correctly, but setting its MAC fails. It results in wlan0-1
> having the same MAC as wlan0 and finally having two networks (SSIDs)
> using the same MAC. That obviously doesn't work.
>
> The error I see is:
> brcmfmac: _brcmf_set_mac_address: Setting cur_etheraddr failed, -52
> with -52 meaning BCME_IE_NOTFOUND.

I managed to find/guess what exactly BCM43602 firmware rejects. It
doesn't like 2 MAC addresses that differ by the locally administrated
bit only. In my case it was 00:23:6a:a3:7d:95 + 02:23:6a:a3:7d:95.

When I change MAC addresses to some other combination, e.g.:
00:23:6a:a3:7d:95 + 00:23:6a:a3:7d:96
02:23:6a:a3:7d:95 + 00:23:6a:a3:7d:96
it works correctly.

Any idea why Broadcom driver/firmware team decided to reject MAC
address that differ by locally administrated bit only from the already
used one? I don't think there is anything wrong with that in general.

Is there a chance to release fixed firmware?

--
Rafał