https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlegacy

('$ ethtool -i wlp16s0' says 'driver: iwl3945' but
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwl3945
links here
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi
then here
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlegacy
So, running fedora 21, I assume the above means my driver is iwlegacy)

Hello Folks,

I have a deceptively simply questions;
Will this iwlegacy driver driving iwl3945 hardware work as per this
How To here:
https://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections#Bridging_with_a_wireless_NIC
?

That How To provides (to a novice) a comprehensive explanation to the problem of bridging a wireless connection that seems to be universal to all wireless connections. But, there are other explanations of the wireless bridging problem which make me suspicious it might not work...

Warning here:
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Networking#public_bridge

Explanation here:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/bridge#It_doesn.27t_work_with_my_Wireless_card.21

So, can I expect to be able to bridge my 802.11 connection to work with my KVM guests?

(I'm setting up an old laptop to run as a home server.)

Many thanks for your help.
Morgan.

--
Morgan Read