On 09/13/2016 02:47 AM, Hanno Zulla wrote:
Hi,

The issues I am aware of is to start out changing the register access
macros into function pointers and stick them all into the fileops
structure. Provide a set of SDIO ones to match the USB ones. Then you
will need some code to detect the device, as that part will obviously be
different from the USB device detection.

I know there are a few issues to look out for in the hw register init
files to look out for too, that does some special casing for SDIO, but
that should be limited. I am happy to point someone in the right
direction on that when they get to that.

I had a brief look into the sources of other drivers implementing SDIO,
but not being a kernel-dev, this is out of my league.

If you decide to reprioritize your TODO-List in favour of adding SDIO
sooner, I'll be gladly testing this for you on my hardware (and buy you
a beer).

I received a CherryTrail z8300 device yesterday with RTL8723BS wifi and BT. I have started making the changes that Jes suggested. Once I get something running, I will post patches here for review, and I will also make them available in Bastien's repo.

I make no promises on when anything will be available.

Larry