Hi,

On Thu, 2017-03-16 at 10:57 +0900, Masashi Honma wrote:
> On some practical cases, it is useful to drop new node in the
> distance.
> Because mesh metric is calculated with hop count and without RSSI
> information, a node far from local peer and near to destination node
> could be used as best path.
>
> For example, the nodes are located in linear. Distance of 0 - 1 and
> 1 - 2 and 2 - 3 is 20meters. 0 to 3 signal is very weak.
>
>     0 --- 1 --- 2 --- 3
>
> Though most robust path from 0 to 3 is 0 -> 1 -> 2 -> 3,
> unfortunately, node 0 could recognize node 3 as neighbor. Then node 3
> could be next of node 0. This patch aims to avoid such a case.

I'm not really sure this is the right solution?

It seems to me that it should be a function of the path selection to
take this into account, not prohibiting the longer path entirely?

It seems that this is really what the meshcfg.rssi_threshold was
intended for, and the plink code *does* take it into account. Can you
explain where that's breaking down?

The documentation for this als talks about it being a plink threshold,
so I'm not really sure we should use it to kick out stations entirely.

johannes