On 4/26/2017 11:08 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Wed, 2017-04-26 at 11:05 +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:
I guess it could be done, but I'm tending towards doing that less
again, I have no strong preference in this case. If it was
something
that seems likely to get abused, perhaps, but here...

Ok. As long as drivers don't think they can use the list_head to push
it on a private list.

They'll crash immediately and be disabused of that notion :)

The internal use comment does not end up in
kerneldoc. So maybe we can improve that? Would work for me.

It's difficult - though we could replace it with /* private: */ and
remove those things from kernel-doc entirely.

probably won't work:

        /* internal */
        struct wiphy *wiphy;
        struct net_device *dev;