On 22-08-17 21:38, Arend van Spriel wrote:
On 22-08-17 14:50, Julian Calaby wrote:
Hi Ian,

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Ian Molton <i...@mnementh.co.uk> wrote:
All functions that might require the window address changing call
brcmf_sdiod_set_backplane_window() prior to access. Thus resetting
the window is not required.

Wouldn't it be more safe to write these sorts of functions so that
they set the window themselves instead of relying on the caller?

The function brcmf_sdiod_set_backplane_window() is a helper function by which these sorts of functions set the window themselves. It would be duplicating too much code as setting the window involves three register accesses (or so) on the device.

By the way, the driver prefix in the subject is wrong, ie. brcmfamc should be brcmfmac. I think it already was wrong in the previous series, but I forgot to mention it.

Regards,
Arend