Hi Amitkumar,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:24:17PM +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Amitkumar Karwar <amitkar...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Kalle Valo <kv...@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> >> And even if that would be the right approach it needs to be properly
> >> described in the commit log, a vague sentence in the end of a commit log
> >> is not enough.
> >
> > Understood. I will add detailed description and send updated version
> > if the patch is fine.
>
> Not sure if this is fine or not. I think what you do here is ugly but I
> guess it's better than nothing?

I don't see why you can't try to reuse the existing mac80211 reset;
seems like you'd need to factor out some pieces of rsi_reset_card() and
call that from the ieee80211_ops::start() method. Then, you just call
ieee80211_restart_hw() from the appropriate place, instead of
implementing your own tear-down/reset.

Brian