On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 10:23:54PM -0500, David Ashley wrote:
> On 10/26/17, James Cameron <qu...@laptop.org> wrote:
> > Interesting, thanks.  It should be a QFN 46 pin chip; you may have
> > counted 15 instead of 14 pins on the long edge.  Send me a photograph
> > of the inside, off-list?
>
> I uploaded a couple of pictures here:
> http://www.linuxmotors.com/RTL8188CUS/
>
> You're right, I miscounted, it has 46 pins.

Thanks.  The BZ5JA might be 5V to 3.3V switching voltage regulator,
with inductor above it.

Datasheet shows there is internal non-volatile memory, powered from
pin 27, which has a trace to an external filter capacitor.

The large zero ohm resistor bottom right is interesting; size chosen
for accessibility; probably for fault isolation or qualification.

In summary, the board design is consistent with the datasheet, and
confirms non-volatile memory that will contain configuration data and
probably firmware.

I agree with Larry; try the firmware file.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/