Hi Johannes,

On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 15:49:02 +0100
Johannes Berg <johan...@sipsolutions.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 16:07 +0100, Peter Große wrote:
>
> > > I think if the driver has WANT_MONITOR_VIF, then we can pass that
> > > through and let the driver sort it out.
> > >
> > > But if not, we probably just have to reject the configuration?
> >
> > With passing through you mean calling bss_info_changed on the driver for the
> > monitor interface?
>
> I meant to pass the &monitor_sdata.vif pointer instead of the real
> monitor interface that's coming through cfg80211. The former is virtual
> and has no netdev, but the diver is aware of it.

I'm not sure I get where to pass this to what. Do you mean in
drv_bss_info_changed or ieee80211_set_tx_power?

> You can check that
>
>       local->monitor_sdata
>
> exists, and use it if yes, and reject if no.

Assuming you meant ieee80211_set_tx_power, then I'd have to check whether wdev
is a monitor interface and reject the configuration, if local->monitor_sdata
doesn't exist?

But in ieee80211_set_tx_power no vif pointers get handed around, so I'm
confused. Sorry.

Regards
Peter