Am 22.01.2018 um 14:24 schrieb Johannes Berg:
> On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 15:28 +0100, Benjamin Beichler wrote:
>>> You can't do that, data structures can be deleted while the dump is
>>> ongoing.
>> That's what I try to address with this patch. In the past there were
>> corner cases, which might have failed while deletion.
> Hah, ok.
>
>> Nonetheless, the radio count is in the current version strictly
>> monotonic, maybe the description is misleading. :-)
>> So in the inner loop there is no deletion possible because of the
>> spinlock, and multiple calls of nl_dump check the generation count and
>> cancel if it have changed.
> Ah, I missed that you cancel when it's changed, we don't usually do
> that normally.
>
> I'd still prefer if you could have the code not rely on the pointers,
> because if somebody gets it wrong (forgets to update the generation
> count) I'm not sure I want that to crash in some corner cases...
Mkay, I saw the same pattern in other parts of the kernel, that's why I
adopted it. Then I restore the magic with searching the next radio id
bigger then the last one. Since on my machine, It needs several hundreds
of radios for a full message to cause interruptions, I think the code is
really rarely used and should be fail safe :-)

--
M.Sc. Benjamin Beichler

Universität Rostock, Fakultät für Informatik und Elektrotechnik
Institut für Angewandte Mikroelektronik und Datentechnik

University of Rostock, Department of CS and EE
Institute of Applied Microelectronics and CE

Richard-Wagner-Straße 31
18119 Rostock
Deutschland/Germany

phone: +49 (0) 381 498 - 7278