On 4/5/2018 9:59 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Thu, 2018-04-05 at 09:41 +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:

So for a full-mac device or a mac80211 device with certain offloads
(that we may already have, eg. 4way-hs offloads) you could keep up the
connection for a while, but if it is receiving data it probably wants to
wake-up the host at some point. So if such a device has means to do a
host wake-up you could keep the connection upon suspend. You could
consider such behavior a wowlan trigger as well and extend that.

There's the "any" trigger that might be appropriate for that, or a
"disconnect" trigger.

But I'm basically thinking the same as Steve - if you're never going to
wake up the host, there's not really much point in keeping the
connection, and if you only suspend briefly like e.g. on Android then
you probably *do* want to wake up the host for pretty much everything
that's going on (hence the "any" trigger).

Agree, which is why I suggested to look at wowlan triggers. If we already have an appropriate "any" trigger even better ;-)

Regards,
Arend