Hi Bruce, et al.

Has anyone given any thought to trying to add an sstate enabled task between
compile and bundle_initramfs that would capture the necessary artifacts for the
downstream tasks to run without necessarily actually recompiling the kernel if
nothing in the kernel code/config has changed?
I ask because we've got a few embedded systems that use just a bundled
kernel/initramfs to run, and it seems quite a waste of compute time to
recompile the kernel every time the initramfs changes image signature (and we
can't be the only ones for whom the compute time savings would be nonzero).

On the other hand, I'm guessing smarter people than I have already thought of
said question... so before I dig too far, I figured I'd ask if there's a reason
this hasn't been done, or if you think it's worth pursuing (and no one else has
had the time yet)?

Thanks!
-Sean McKay