[[linux-yocto] Trial merge of v5.15.111 v6.1.28 for linux-yocto] On 12/05/2023
(Fri 10:19) Kevin Hao via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> This is a trial merge of the stable kernel v5.15.111 v6.1.28 for the
> following branches in the linux-yocto.

[...]

> This is a much bigger stable cycle. There are 372 patches in v5.15.111 and
> 611 patches in v6.1.28.

That is a lot of conflicts. I hope most were semi-trivial.  Sure would
be nice if the stable cycles had the smaller footprint they had 10y ago.

> So we got more merge conflicts than usual. There is one merge conflict in
> kernel/workqueue.c on
> v5.15 rt kernel, all the others are for various drivers. I believe I have
> fixed all the mess and
> all the merges have passed my build test. I have pushed these branches to:
>     https://github.com/haokexin/linux

Thanks for helping out and doing this non-trivial amount of work.

Paul.