Hi
I am building an image for my custom board.  I use the core-image-minimal and
add packages needed by using

> IMAGE_INSTALL:append = " valgrind"

I add this line in local.conf file so the core-image-minimal gets build with
valgrind in this case.
But the default core-image-minimal also contains

> dpkg and apt packages

These packages are not needed in my RFS. I tried removing them with:

> IMAGE_INSTALL:remove = " dpkg apt "

But the packages did not get removed.  Can someone point me to the right
configuration option to remove these packages?

I use kirkstone-5.15 branch for my development.

I also tried adding the following lines to local.conf

> DISTRO_FEATURE:remove = " dpkg apt"

Even this did not work.

Thanks,

Vivek Sundar T