On 14-09-26 03:43 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
On 9/26/14, 12:34, "Bruce Ashfield" <bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com> wrote:

On 14-09-26 02:42 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
This patch series has broken the kernel build. Multiple drivers and core
feature no longer even compile.

In the future, do not submit patches for inclusion that have not passed
basic allyesconfig/allmodconfig test, if you are changing core features
that impact multiple architectures, then you must test them on other
architectures, particularly x86 as it's trivial to perform the test.

This is not a trivial error, this is a HUGE ISSUE. This breaks standard
and preempt-rt kernels for all Intel-common platforms and all tunnel
creek
platforms. There is additional breakage in the 3.14 kernel which may or
may not be related to this.

Bruce, please revert this entire series and ask that the backport be
performed properly.

He Zhe, please build with an allyesconfig and an allmodconfig build.
Find
where it breaks, use git log to find the changes in the impacted files
up
to the latest patch you backported, and pull in the necessary changes.

So everyone knows, I'm doing the following reverts:

If you want to push standard/base and standard/preempt-rt/base to the
linux-yocto-contrib repo I'll download perform some sanity tests as well.

 * [new branch]                standard/base -> zedd/bpf-gone/standard/base
* [new branch] standard/preempt-rt/base -> zedd/bpf-gone/standard/preempt-rt/base

My qemux86-64 build just passed.

Bruce