On 10/21/2014 06:48 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov wrote:
Hi Denis,

On 10/22/2014 02:10 AM, Denis Laroche wrote:
After posting it crossed my mind to look at /proc/config.gz of the Debian kernel and I was then able to make it work. I added the THERMAL configuration variables you posted — thanks!

There’s a difference though in the available frequencies. On the Debian kernel they go from 300 MHz to 1 GHz, where as with the yocto kernel they go from 275 MHz to 720 MHz. Those are probably the frequencies of the original BeagleBone.

Please take a look at your board .dts file and find the node cpus/cpu@0/operating-points, where the frequencies/voltages are listed.

Full discussion of this subject references board revisions and two techniques to set the operating points (TI does it in code, but it can also be done in DTS). See details at https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-ti/2014-September/005148.html and related postings.

Peter