On 2015-06-24 8:03 AM, Chen, Simon wrote:
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the response. I was able to get this running by creating a .bbappend to the kernel
recipe and link a .cfg to change the kernel configurations, and it worked! I see what you're saying
though. When doing the menuconfig, I would probably have to do a separate "$bitbake
kernel-modules" before I do a "$bitbake linux-yocto" or whatever core-image I'm

My wiggle answer is "it depends", that's why I was wondering how you
built them ? You can't bitbake kernel-modules, since it is a package not
a recipe, but the concept is the same. You need to go through the
compile_kernel_modules task, and have the package splits happen (the
dynamically created per kernel module class, and then the updates to the
meta package).

  using? However, I believe the use of a .cfg means that the Yocto environment
is smart enough to update and auto-build the kernel-modules meta package... is
that correct?

This is the solution I would have recommended. The fragment is pulled into
the main build of the kernel, so that configuration is available during the
first pass through the build. As a result, your new configuration (and modules)
are pulled in like any of the options and modules that were part of the
BSP.

Cheers,

Bruce

-Simon