Hello!

I want to compile a 3.4 preempt linux kernel on dora, without netfilter and taskstats support.

I see that these features are added in meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_3.4.bb
  KERNEL_FEATURES_append = " features/netfilter/netfilter.scc"
  KERNEL_FEATURES_append = " features/taskstats/taskstats.scc"

In my .bbappend I tried overriding the variable
  KERNEL_FEATURES_append = ""
but nothing happens. I still get netfilter options in my final .config:
  CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
  CONFIG_NETFILTER_ADVANCED=y
although I use a defconfig with these features disabled
  # CONFIG_NETFILTER is not set

How can I get rid of netfilter in my .config? The only solution that worked was modifying meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_3.4.bb, but that is outside the scope of my meta-axxia layer.

Thanks,
Cristian Bercaru