On 2016-04-21 7:42 AM, Hugo Heutinck wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering what the relation is between the
kernel-4.1.6-yocto-standard and the actual kernel version being used
4.1.15 ?

Logging shows e.g. kernel-4.1.6-yocto-standard:armel
(4.1.15+git0+46bb64d605_efb6ffb2ca-r0) ...

I assume this is some kind of mapping to keep yocto kernel changes /
updates separate from the kernel.org <http://kernel.org> versions. But
the issue is that "cat /proc/version" shows a 4.1.6 version while a
4.1.15 kernel is running, and this causes some confusion between various
people.

Is it a bad coincidence that both versions are in the same range (4.1.x)
or am I missing something here ?

What branch / release are you using ? That shouldn't happen. The only
way there's a skew is if I forgot to update to the LINUX_VERSION
variable when merging -stable updates to the tree.

Master shows: 4.1.18 for both LINUX_VERSION and what I've merged to
the tree.

.. but the kicker is that the kernel tree is the per kernel version,
not per-yocto release. So I'm betting you are on an older branch and
no one has ported my version bump to that release.

If you can confirm the release you are using, I'll see if I can figure
out a way to keep them in sync.

Bruce

With kind regards,

H.Heutinck