On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 2:56 PM, <e-consult...@quicknet.nl> wrote:

> I am trying to use a custom kernel which is sourced from an SVN
> repository, using proky-Krogoth.
>
> After fetch it it comes with an erro message about the wrong path in 'S'
> When checking the error output is is looking in a directory ending with
> "git" although I have no git in my SRC_URI
>
> ( the kernel source in my repository has the .git folder as well, should
> this be removed ? )
>
> Is it possible to use a non git repository for a kernel source ?

What does your kernel repository recipe look like ? Is it using
linux-yocto, or is it
using kernel.bbclass directly ?

I support linux-yocto* on non-git repos (i.e. a tgz), so it is known to
work.

Either way, you may need to write a task to complete manipulations on the
directory
into which the fetcher places the code to a places that ${S} expected.

In kernel-yocto.bbclass, I do something similar to that in the
do_kernel_checkout
task that is added after the fetch, and before the build phase.

Bruce

> Any help will be appreciated.
>

>   Marcel
>

> --

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end"