I had sent this a while back based on 4.4:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2017-January/033700.html

It was rejected for being too big. The plan was to do the same thing
for 4.9 but place the changes into their own repository. Tested
demonstrated it to be stable for the duration I tested it for (3 days
of heavy cyclictest).

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:40 PM, Bilal Ahmed <bilal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if there exists a yocto build with RT PREEMPT for raspberry
> pi? There exists a repository
> https://github.com/schnitzeltony/meta-raspi-light which is a fork of
> https://github.com/agherzan/meta-raspberrypi. My question is how to build a
> yocto image for raspberrypi (for example rpi-hwup-image) only using
> meta-raspi-light? I guess one may need to add recipes to build an image?

Interesting. I don't think it's actually applying the PREEMPT_RT
patch, just simply configuring preempt for the existing kernel as-is.
I don't think that is stable.