On 8 August 2017 at 14:15, Ran Shalit <ransha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.bur...@intel.com>
> wrote:
> > On 8 August 2017 at 12:23, Ran Shalit <ransha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I noticed that
> >> bitbake core-minimal-image does not deply sdk
> >> for sdk I needed to do:
> >> bitbake core-minimal-image -c populate_sdk
> >>
> >> But I thought that all tasks in recipes are being called by deafault
> >> when creating image,
> >>
> >> Isn't that correct ?
> >

> > No, if you don't specify a task then it runs the "build" task by default.
> > For image recipes, this just builds the image.
>
> But when I run recipe for image recipe on new build, then it also
> fetch and compile.
> Is the execution of fetch and compile done in some logic inside the
> image recipe, i.e. is it correct to assume that there is this logic in
> image recipe:
>
> default task = build task only
>
> build task:
>     (some logic) -> if required starts fetch and compile task
>
> Is this logic inside the build task ?

It's all dependencies: you can't build a rootfs without packages.  You
can't build a package until you install. You can't install until you
compile. You can't compile until you configure.  You can't configure until
you've patched.  You can't patch until you unpack.  You can't unpack until
you fetch.

Ross