Bruce, Yocto kernel folks:

Here is the next 4.18.x stable update "extension" primarily created
for the Yocto project, continuing from the previous v4.18.36 release.

There are just over 30 commits here, based only on commits chosen from
what was used in the MDS stable releases that came out today.

This content is specific to the MDS issue, both here and in 4.19.43. In
fact, to speed up turn around time, I didn't re-export the selected
commits from mainline, but used the 4.19.43 versions directly.  I also
set aside my work-in-progress content - it will be in the next release.

By inspecting the 4.14.119 release as well, I located an additional
patch that arrived in 4.19-rc1, and hence would also be needed here for
this 4.18.x release.  Other than that, the commit series in 4.14 and
4.19 are nearly identical, which gives another good sanity check on
things being complete and no hidden/implicit dependencies here.

For those that haven't (yet) heard about MDS, you can start with:
        Documentation/admin-guide/hw-vuln/mds.rst
in kernels that have had updates applied.  It will give you keywords and
basic information that you can use to search out more details.

As this was x86 specific, I skipped the usual MIPS/ARM/PPC builds for
this one topic specific release.  I boot tested on x86-64 and checked
for the new MDS messages/content documented above.

I did the signed tag just as per the previously released versions.
Please find a signed v4.18.37 tag using this key:

http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xEBCE84042C07D1D6

in the repo in the kernel.org directory here:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulg/linux-4.18.y.git/?h=linux-4.18.y
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulg/linux-4.18.y.git

for merge to standard/base in linux-yocto-4.18 and then out from there
into the other base and BSP branches.

For those who are interested, the evolution of the commits is here:

  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/paulg/longterm-queue-4.18.git/

This repo isn't needed for anything; it just exists for transparency and
so people can see the evolution of the raw commits that were originally
selected to create this 4.18.x release.

Paul.