>>>You want the kernel-devsrc package, not kernel-dev in this case.
>>
>>>Bruce
>>
>> Thank you for responding Bruce.
>>
>> I do not see kernel-devsrc defined in the kernel.bbclass
>
>It's a separate recipe. Not part of the bbclass. Build that recipe,
>and install the package and you'll get what you want.

Thank you Bruce.  After enable kernel-devsrc,  the necessary rpm had been
created.

I have one question though,  the kernel-devsrc does not seem to include all
the kernel src, that has been fetched and applied patches.  Why does it
call kernel-devsrc instead of just kernel-dev?  Is there a way to generate
rpm for a complete kernel src with patches applied?

Anyway,  I really appreciate you spent your value time to help out.

Best Regards,
Michael Y. Lim

HW VPD Template
Boston SFO