Hi,

I'm currently trying to get a grip on the IEEE 802.15.4 stack in mainline and
bluetooth-next. I do succeed in using the fakehard.ko and fakelb.ko to add a
wpan-phy for MAC or 6LoWPAN operations. However, doing real stuff on the MAC
seems still broken as already mentioned here (Re: [Linux-zigbee-devel] 802.15.4
scan, scan_req and
ieee802154_nl_scan_confirm()<http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wpan/msg00365.html>).
 That is, a scan - which would be the first step in network establishment -
still fails

As far as I can tell the status of the MAC in bluetooth-next has not changed
since this post. I guess the rework is still in progress.
Are there may some preliminary rework results (without any support), that could
be tested? My intention would be to test the kernel implementation against the
current lowpan-tools, or is there anything blocking this?

I finally would like to establish a WPAN with linux being either  coordinator
or device for plain IEEE 802.15.4 and 6LoWPAN communication using some simple
modules (e.g. Atmel based Transceiver or SoC). I would hope this to be possible
with the lowpan-tools but welcome any new tools there as well.

I would welcome any hints on getting closer to this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards

Mike Ludwig
Teamleiter Forschung

Tel: +49 351 31850-63
Fax: +49 351 31850-10
Funk: +49 1522 2980129
Skype: mike.ludwig.dresden.elektronik
mike.lud...@dresden-elektronik.de
dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik gmbh
Enno-Heidebroek-Straße 12
01237 Dresden
http://www.dresden-elektronik.de
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Lutz Pietschmann
Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 749
USt.-IdNr.: DE140125678