hi,
since I have some broadband modem/ligne issue, I wanted to connecr
through wifi that my isp provide to me
after some bug fixes due to my wifi card based on madwifi, I managed
to create wireless network start script, one for setting the laptop
into client and one to setup an AP for the pda I'm currently using to
write this mail.
the AP script work without problem.
but the managed one don't work, iwlist ath0 scan does report me AP,
including the one I want to connect to. But dhcp don't get an IP...
I done approximatively this :
installed my wifi module, setup in sta mode(managed for madwifi)
modprobe wlan_ap_scan (or something like that)
set the ESSID in sorcerer scripts
no encryption
tried specifying the AP mac@, without mire success
but dhcpcd still run eendlessely
ip addr rport the interface as in unknown state.... and gkrellm don't
display anything
how can I verify that I'm actually talking to the AP to get my IP?
thanks,
JLM

--
KISS! (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)
(garde le simple, imbécile!)

 Diffusez cette liste aupres de vos relations :-)
            Linux Azur : http://linux-azur.org
       Vous etes responsable de vos propos.
*** Pas de message SMS, HTML ni de PJ SVP ***

Répondre à