From: David Boyes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 2:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT (somewhat) - ps2pdf tool

Unless you religiously use ONLY the basic Postscript fonts (Times,
Helvetica, Symbol, etc), you must make sure to configure your Postscript
driver to include the fonts that you use in the output file. If you
don't do this, you allow font substitution to occur, which usually
causes non-Adobe PS interpreters to substitute something "close"  (in
the same family) but with different character metrics, so your output
looks rotten.

Note that this makes REALLY BIG PS files. Fonts are huge.

-- db