Sorry for my late arrival at last night's session and thanks for
entertaining my noobie questions... I am still working on my migration plan
from Linux Mint 18.3 on my 2014 Dell XPS 8700 with legacy BIOS.  First task
is to get my daily work environment ported to a new Mini-PC that I just
received from Amazon. I will either wipe the Windows and install with Linux
or make it dual boot with both Windows and Linux.  I'd like to migrate the
old Dell to UEFI and set up it up properly for multi-boot.

I missed the John Nash's talk on writing tools and look forward to the
notes.  In the meantime, here is a link to a copy of the article
<https://my.owndrive.com/s/AeG9Mqrw98HKrdD> I mentioned from December's *Linux
Magazine,* on "homebrew" note taking in Linux.  The author recommends a
couple of things I already use (Typora and Syncthing) but then goes beyond
with some scripting ideas for to-do list management that I have yet to
try...