On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Bart Trojanowski <bart-oc...@jukie.net>wrote:

> * Charles Nadeau <charles.nad...@gmail.com> [090319 22:35]:
> > > Do you boot with an initrd or do you have a custom kernel?
> >
> > I have a custom kernel
>
> You clearly don't boot off this raid array, and I can see that you have

No I don't.

> built MD and RAID modules into the kernel but left the ahci ones out.
>
> I suggest you either edit your kernel-source/.config to have CONFIG_MD=m
> (a module) or CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=y (a built-in).  Doing both should be
> safe also.

I set both to "y", make -j5 && make -j5 modules_install (as per
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?part=1&chap=7#doc_chap3as
I my distro is Gentoo) and when I boot, I get this error message:
"Kernel
panic - not syncing: UFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,2)"

> Another alternative could be to set CONFIG_MD_AUTODETECT=n, which would
> cause the kernel to not even try to bring up the raid array.

I'll now try this. Does it means I should remove my array from my
/etc/fstab?
Thanks!

Charles

--