|----- Original Message ----

connector that's picking up interference or is not seated well?

|What colour depth are you using?  You might be able to find it from the
|X.log...

 |       grep -i -e pbb -e depth /var/log/X.0.depth

|If the depth is <15 bpp it could be that X is flipping colour palettes
|around.

|-Bart

|--
|                WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/

I have a Dell 2405FPW wide-screen LCD monitor. It is connected to the computer
through a 4-port Linksys KVM switch which I have had for a long time but which,
to date, has not given problems.

br...@xenophon:~$ grep -i -e pbb -e depth  /var/log/Xorg.*
/var/log/Xorg.0.log:(**) NVIDIA(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
/var/log/Xorg.0.log:(--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old:(**) NVIDIA(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old:(--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
/var/log/Xorg.failsafe.log:     "Default Screen" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
/var/log/Xorg.failsafe.log:(==) VESA(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
/var/log/Xorg.failsafe.log:(==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
br...@xenophon:~$

 --
Bruce Miller, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
br...@brmiller.ca; (613) 745-1151

In the beginning... was the command line.