On 10-11-23 07:27 PM, Paul B. wrote:
> Another corporate acquisition that "Bodes Ill for Linux".

I don't see what the big deal is.  Let's not forget where Linux came
from, UNIX.  UNIX was created and licenced by AT&T (back before it was
broken up).  But what AT&T did was give it to universities for free.
Not being a good OS, the computer geeks at the universities made
improvements and share them among themselves.  Then AT&T took their
code, placed it in their product and sold it to businesses, _without
giving any credit to the universities_ (and certainly not any money).
The geeks thought enough is enough and create GNU.  The rest is history.

I don't see why everyone is so worried about Microsoft;  the
open-software community has already taken on the phone company and won.
  Why are things different this time around?

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.