On 16-03-01 05:12 PM, j...@messier.ca wrote:
Today, my son and I assembled a brand new PC,
Reboot from the USB key, and try to manually run grub-install /dev/sda.
Also get an error message.

Anyone has an idea what I did wrong ? I set the motherboard to be in
Legacy mode. This is a recent ASUS motherboard, on a Intel Core i3 system.

Perhaps something to do with secure boot? Perhaps Grub does not like being on another type of filesystem?

(sorry I have no ideas but those are just what I would think to check offhand)

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca              Just Beyond the Fringe