I've been using mapivi to add comments to jpg photos. This works fairly well,
but the
interface is not terribly nice for just viewing the images. Unfortunately, I
can't seem
to find a (linux) image viewer that shows the image and displays the comments
too. In fact,
a lot of viewers make it difficult or impossible to see them, and all (except
mapivi, which
doesn't do a great display of the image) fail to show the comments without
doing a lot of
extra mouse clicks.

Essentially, I'd like to configure a fairly ordinary image viewer to show the
IPTC comment
with the image.

Does anyone know of a suitable viewer. Since libjpeg-progs provides rdjpgcom,
it OUGHT to be
available, but ...

Cheers, JN