Hello
thanks for your mail but I'm disapointed and I hardly disagree with your argumentation
on refusing help me much on a personnal support for std. installation.

I know you receive lots of requests for specific drivers, but an IDE-ATA RAID
controller is now common on lots of motherboard, even cheap ones. MSI sent me a file 2
days ago, for an older chipset driver on RedHat 7.2 but as RH is distributed with
another kernel version and install type it does't work with Suse 8.0. (chipset is
Promise FastTrack133 lite, model 20276)
MSI is now a first choice for lots of home users and my position is that having old or
new components doesn't matters on the purpose of using Linux. Just an install from
your CD or DVD screen 2 hangs. That's where I request a support from you. I don't want
to have help on tuning raid, making production system or something, just a basic home
install RUNNING, as does request lots of users (new or linux-confirmed). You're not
helping much on making people changing from MS windows product to Suse linux, as their
brand-new computer installs easilly with this OS. They don't want to waste time
patching a semi-commercial Linux (yes, Yast(2) is not under GPL...).

The fact that I'm also a system engineer for UNIX professionnals does not interfers
with the personnal use of a SuSE distribution at home. I was not expecting a support
in comparison with Sun or IBM 's ones (because they're professional-oriented Unices
and you pay lots for it) but I wrote this support in request expressly for my
personnal new computer installation with your fresh-8.0 distribution. I've also seen
on Kernel mailing lists that a patch has been released on kernel 2.4.19-pre3 just
about the chipset residing on my new motherboard. I think it's not difficult for your
team to adapt this patch on 2.4.18-4GB, as you already intergate support for drivers
from yours on out-of-cvs official kernel and because it's not my job to make it,
regarding the fact you sell a support with your package.

Finally, I have to write that for a 83.50 Euro operating system, you don't gave me
much support than I can find on newsgroups or google while working with a
free-downloadable RedHat distribution or even at Microsft Techline (worst experience).

I used to promote SuSE by my professionnals clients when they needed a Linux disto. on
x86 or IBM pSeries but regarding the delay of the support and its contents, I guess
I'll have to change my advices as consultant if you don't take corrective actions on
your reply.

Regards,
--
Vincent Jamart