IBM, Sun to Meet Over Open Source Java
James Niccolai, InfoWorld

Representatives from IBM Corp. and Sun Microsystems Inc. will meet in
a week to ten days time to discuss IBM's proposal for creating an open
source version of Sun's Java technology, an IBM executive said
Thursday. Sun wants to hear more details about IBM's proposal, such
as which parts of Java IBM would like to see made open source and how
such a plan might be carried out, according to Bob Sutor, IBM's
director of WebSphere infrastructure. "We've both asked each other to
think about things to bring to the table, such as the scope of what
we have in mind and how we might do this," Sutor said in an interview
Thursday. A Sun spokeswoman declined to comment on any meeting, and
it remains unclear how seriously Sun is considering IBM's proposal.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/03/05/HNibmsunmeet_1.html

--
,----[ Arnaud <http://ressource-toi.org> ]

`----