Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Spirit wrote:

That shouldn't be a problem unless it takes 5 seconds to get to the
southbridge.c code. But of course, moving it to an earlier position is
a good idea.

It really takes 5 seconds? it did not used to. I liked having it in the southbridge code for a simple reason: if you are in that code then things are working well. If you are not in that kind at some point, you really want that watchdog reset. It is a very simple self-test.

On PCChips m787cl+ that I have, it will definitely reset if you turn compression on, without disabling the watchdog. I suppose it must be 5 seconds, but I did not time it. Definitely a long time.

Maybe it is related to running at 0xffff0000 instead of 0xf0000. Did we cached that region? The mtrr code is there but I have not checked through it to see what regions are cached.

-Steve